COLUMBUS, Ohio (WDTN) – Governor Mike DeWine has ordered all US and Ohio flags be flown at half-staff to honor the life and service Sgt. Wolfgang Kyle Weninger.
Weninger, 28, was a special operations Marine from Ohio who died Tuesday at Ft. Benning in Georgia. He was completing his final days of a three-week program for paratroopers at the U.S. Army Airborne School.
At this time, the military has not provided details about the circumstances of his death.
The governor asks that flags remain lowered until sunset of the day of his funeral.
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration
- Girls inspired as Vice President Kamala Harris takes oath
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Love candy? Company hiring candy testers