DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton police are investigating a deadly shooting from early Saturday morning in Dayton.
The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office has identified the victim as 32-year-old Jerome Robinson of Dayton. It happened just before 2:30 Saturday morning on North Orchard Avenue near West Second Street.
Police on the scene told 2 News they heard several shots in the area before arriving. When they got there, they found one person dead inside an SUV. Detectives and forensics teams surveyed the area for hours, taking pictures and placing evidence markers near the vehicle.
- Community members, officials plead with Ohioans to stay home, reconsider Thanksgiving gatherings
- Melania Trump’s error puts Oregon Christmas tree farm in spotlight
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge