VANDALIA, Ohio (WDTN) – A Fairborn sixth grader got to fly in a plane with Sean D. Tucker ahead of the Dayton Air Show after winning an essay contest for the honor.
12-year-old Olivia Collins wrote about what going up in the air would mean to her. In addition to the flight, she also received a scholarship to help her explore a possible career in aviation.
“It was fun but it was also nerve-wracking at the same time,” she said. “It’s okay to be nervous but it’s a lot of fun, so don’t be afraid to chase your dreams.”
Olivia entered the contest as a way to honor her grandfather, who was an Air Force veteran.
- Starbucks offering free coffee to frontline workers through December
- LIVE: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell to testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- Nurse brags on TikTok about defying COVID-19 restrictions, put on administrative leave
- Xenia Community Schools announce move to remote learning model until February
- Springfield police urge residents to not leave vehicles running attended due to car thefts