DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — A man has been sentenced for charges of a deadly shooting on Mother’s Day 2022.
According to the Montgomery County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, 27-year-old Jamar Hayes of Dayton has been sentenced to 48 years to life in prison. The sentencing is for charges related to a shooting on US-35 in Riverside.
Information in a release details two people brought Shauna Cameron, the victim of a shooting, to Miami Valley Hospital. Cameron was pronounced dead at the hospital.
“The investigation by Riverside Police determined the three victims had been in a vehicle on US 35 near Woodman Drive when their vehicle was shot at by an occupant in another vehicle,” a release said.
It is reported that Hayes was both the shooter and the ex-boyfriend of one of the people hurt.
Hayes was found guilty on all 22 counts:
- 2 counts of Murder, with 3-year and 5-year firearm specifications
- 4 counts of Felonious Assault, with 3-year and 5-year firearm specifications
- 6 counts of Intimidation of a Crime Witness
- 8 counts of Intimidation of a Crime Victim or Witness
- 1 count of Menacing by Stalking
- 1 count of Discharge of a Firearm on or Near Prohibited Premises, with 3-year firearm