MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio, (WDTN) – Eleven law enforcement agencies gathered to conduct a targeted enforcement against the drug epidemic in northern Montgomery County.
According to the release, officers from 11 agencies were sworn in as special deputies under the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.
Enforcement included plain-clothes detectives who watched areas known to be overdose locations or had a number of complaints by citizens. Marked patrol units also saturated known drug areas for drug interdiction. According to the release, these deputies performed 83 traffic stops, resulting in 30 arrests.
Of the arrests, 17 were for felony charges. The rest were for either misdemeanor drug-related charges or outstanding warrants.
Officers confiscated illegal narcotics, drug paraphernalia and four guns.
Law enforcement agencies involved included the following:
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
- Butler Township Police
- RANGE Task Force
- Miami Valley Bulk Smuggling Task Force
- Huber Heights Police
- Vandalia Police Department
- Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Trotwood Police Department
- Perry Township Police – Montgomery County
- Clayton Police Department
- Moraine Police Department