COLUMBUS, Ohio (WDTN) – The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (MHAS) is launching its COVID CareLine, a toll-free and confidential emotional support helpline at 1-800-720-9616.
Lori Criss, director of Ohio MHAS, says that trained specialists will be available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to provide emotional support to callers. After hours, any call made will roll over to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
MHAS launched this program to help Ohioans combat the stress and mental fatigue of quarantine.
LATEST STORIES ON CORONAVIRUS
- Springfield bar cited for violating state’s alcohol curfew
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Haunted house still moving forward after ODH announces Halloween guidelines
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021
- CDC reverses course, says people without symptoms should be tested