MIAMI COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) — Careflight was called to the scene of a crash in Miami County early Monday.
The Miami County Sheriff’s Office says a vehicle ran off the road and crashed into a wooded area on E. State Route 55, near Sodom Road, just outside Casstown. Deputies say the vehicle hit a tree.
According to deputies, the man driving the vehicle used his phone to call for help.
The driver reportedly said he was at the crash location for a long time before help arrived. It’s unclear how long the vehicle was in the wooded area.
Careflight transported the man to Miami Valley Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Deputies say the man was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Alcohol and drugs are not suspected as factors in the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Community members, officials plead with Ohioans to stay home, reconsider Thanksgiving gatherings
- Melania Trump’s error puts Oregon Christmas tree farm in spotlight
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge