Cameras capture e-cigarette blast in Kentucky

News

OWENSBORO, Ken. (WFIE) – An Owensboro, Kentucky man was hospitalized Saturday after an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket.

Surveillance video shows Josh Hamilton was standing in line at the Quality Quick gas station, waiting to be checked out when the battery exploded.

Hamilton rushed past an employee, went outside the door, and struggled to take his burning pants off.

He was taken to a local hospital with second-degree burns to his leg.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS