DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Fire officials suspect arson in a Monday morning blaze in Dayton.
The fire happened just after 1:30 am on Home Avenue near Inland Avenue.
Fire crews on the scene say there were several different areas of the home burning when they arrived. Officials say the fire was arson and are working to learn the source.
Fire Chief Cheryl Clark told 2 NEWS observant neighbors can help to fins suspects in cases like this. “Obviously if you have a vacant property near your house then you want to keep an eye on it for people coming or going – anybody that you see is staying in the house that shouldn’t be there. Certainly call the City and let them know so we can get them out of the house.” Clark said.
No one was hurt in the fire. Arson investigators are at the home Monday morning working to learn more.
- White Castle will close for 4 hours on Election Day to allow employees to vote
- Full moon will shine on Halloween for first time since 1944
- 98 arrested, three missing children found in month-long ‘Operation Double Impact’
- Ohio peace officer training to begin at Edison State
- US can’t replace Pres. Trump in columnist’s defamation lawsuit, federal judge rules