SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – While ABC4 News were live on air during riots in Salt Lake City Saturday night they captured a police officer armed in protective gear shoving a man with a cane down onto the street.
Related: Sunday: SLC Mayor, Chief of Police discuss riots, overnight curfew
That video has now gone viral after it was posted to the station’s ABC4 YouTube channel and has been picked up by viewers around the country, many expressed anger at the officers actions.
The footage can be seen here:
ABC4 has reached out to SLCPD for comment who said they have received a lot of feedback on the video. Detective Greg Wilking with SLCPD said it is one of their officers and Chief Mike Brown will be releasing a statement Sunday afternoon on the incident.
We will update the story with that response once it is released.
- Ohio launches new online COVID-19 vaccine location tool
- With God’s Grace helping hundreds of people with free grocery store
- Girl Scout cookie season is continuing with safety measures for COVID-19
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: Nearly 80 additional deaths overnight
- Trooper taken to hospital after cruiser hit while responding to I-75 NB crash