DAYTON, OH (WDTN) – Monika with Maani’s Artisan Indian Cuisine walks us through her Pot Pie recipe with a twist!
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp Maani’s Chicken Tikka Masala Spice Blend
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14 ounce Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp of flour
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 Sheet of peppridgefarm puff pastry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large bay leaf
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of Maani’s Chicken Tikka Masala on both sides of the chicken along with some salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken on a baking sheet for 30 minutes until cooked through. Then take the chicken out and shred with a fork and set aside.
- In a large stock pot heat the oil and butter over medium high heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaf, carrots and celery and cook for 8 minutes till they begin to soften.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Maani’s Chicken Tikka Masala (or more if desired) salt and pepper to the onion mixture and stir together for a few minutes.
Then add the 2 Tbsp of flour, stirring constantly until a light brown in color. Then add the chicken broth in small amounts and stir until it thickens.
- Once it starts to thicken then add in the sour cream and heavy cream.
- Now you can add in the shredded chicken and mix in well with the creamy mixture.
- Transfer the chicken mixture from the pot into a casserole dish.
- Use some flour onto your counter and roll out the puff pastry to the size of your casserole dish.
- Carefully lay the puff pastry directly onto the chicken filling.
- Then brush the top the puff pastry with the beaten egg. Use a knife to make a few cuts in the puff pastry and place it in your oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot and enjoy!