DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The 2019 Women in Business Networking event is coming up on September 25, with this year’s motto being “Find Your Grit.” Melissa Cutcher of the Better Business Bureau joined 2 NEWS Tuesday to talk about the benefits of the event and what attendees can expect.
“We’re taking ‘GRIT’ as an acronym: Growth, Resiliency, Integrity, and Tenacity. It’s always a great event, it’s a way to help women move in their career from where they are to where they want to be, and help them move in their business,” Cutcher said.
Jess Ekstrom, Founder and CEO of Headbands of Hope, will be the keynote speaker at this year’s conference.
“She started Headbands of Hope as a nonprofit in 2012 when she was a junior in college. Every time you buy a headband, a headband goes to a children’s hospital for a child that is battling cancer. 350,000 headbands have been given out across the country and to our own Dayton Children’s,” said Cutcher.
If you would like to attend, tickets can be found at this website.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice