DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The 2019 Women in Business Networking event is coming up on September 25, with this year’s motto being “Find Your Grit.” Melissa Cutcher of the Better Business Bureau joined 2 NEWS Tuesday to talk about the benefits of the event and what attendees can expect.
“We’re taking ‘GRIT’ as an acronym: Growth, Resiliency, Integrity, and Tenacity. It’s always a great event, it’s a way to help women move in their career from where they are to where they want to be, and help them move in their business,” Cutcher said.
Jess Ekstrom, Founder and CEO of Headbands of Hope, will be the keynote speaker at this year’s conference.
“She started Headbands of Hope as a nonprofit in 2012 when she was a junior in college. Every time you buy a headband, a headband goes to a children’s hospital for a child that is battling cancer. 350,000 headbands have been given out across the country and to our own Dayton Children’s,” said Cutcher.
If you would like to attend, tickets can be found at this website.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Ohio GOP fined $100K for improperly funding voter database
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia, hold off on striking Iran
- Operation Football Tailgate of the Week: Troy at Tippecanoe
- Reps back plan to stop abuse of the waiver system for refineries
- Police: Victim taken to hospital after shooting in Riverside