DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – As the school year kicks off, so do many fall sports seasons. Dr. Karen Shafer with Premier Health Physician Network joined 2 NEWS Thursday with tips on keeping student athletes safe and healthy.
She says it’s important for students to remember that their bodies probably won’t be at the same fitness level as they were at the end of last season. Students need to take things slowly and not push themselves too hard too quickly.
“Getting back into training, it’s important to have those three components that we think of: we need to work on that cardiovascular endurance, we need to work on strength training, and stretching. All of those can help prevent injuries,” Dr. Shafer said.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 1,095 new cases, 35 additional deaths reported
- Police respond to Dayton duplex after man barricades himself inside
- County prosecutor files 3 motions to try juvenile as adult
- 103-year-old woman celebrates birthday with first tattoo, first motorcycle ride
- Indiana woman who died in mobile home during storm was found clutching child