DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Several universities across the country are preparing to welcome students back to campus in August.
Vince Lewis with the School of Business Administration at the University of Dayton joined 2 NEWS to discuss the transition.
“Density is the big topic. How do you reduce density in the classroom and manage some of the normal college life that we see, and ensure that we can keep everybody safe?” he said.
Lewis says one lesson learned is that it is much easier to transition from an online course to an in-person classroom than it is vice versa.
“You really have to leverage technology tools. You can utilize the tools in video conferencing to help create more engagement with students. You really have to be intentional, especially in an online environment,” he said.
- Companies celebrate National Nurses Day with freebies, discounts
- Wanted: Professional nappers for a gig paying $1,500
- Family offers vintage Corvette, $10,000 as reward for answers in cold case murder
- Mother shot in the face while trying to save 9-year-old son during deadly shooting released from hospital
- Pa. Republicans want to ban vaccine passports, Democrats call it an unneeded distraction