DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Fuyao site is the focus of an award-winning documentary called “American Factory.” The film debuted on Netflix on Wednesday, but there will be several opportunities this week to view the documentary in theaters.
A public viewing was held Monday at the Victoria Theatre, and at The Neon and Little Art Theatre starting Wednesday.
Filmmakers Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert believe the film highlights Fuyao’s troubles and triumphs, as well as Dayton’s international impact.
“Fuyao is an important story for Dayton. We’re proud to be from Dayton, we’ve been telling stories from this part of the world for a while now, and it’s an epic story of globalization that comes to our little town right here,” Bognar said.
For more information on the film, click here.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- AG Barr, lawmakers meet on gun control as Trump weighs options
- Ohio GOP fined $100K for improperly funding voter database
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia, hold off on striking Iran
- Operation Football Tailgate of the Week: Troy at Tippecanoe
- Reps back plan to stop abuse of the waiver system for refineries