DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Every day, over two thousand Americans die from cardiovascular disease, and every year, the American Heart Association hosts a Heart Walk to raise awareness.
This year’s Healthy For Good sponsor, Dr. Brian Schwartz from Kettering Health Network, along with Anastasia Lawson with Altamira Technologies Corporation, joined 2 NEWS with the details.
“In America, it’s every forty seconds somebody’s dying of a heart attack,” said Dr. Schwartz. “So we see that very commonly. Our staff wants to get involved to help prevent it, but it’s also about getting involved in the walk and joining the community and being part of something that’s healthy. It can help bring awareness to heart disease but also start the first steps of preventing a heart attack.”
The walk takes place on Saturday, Sept. 21 at Fifth Third Field, with registration starting at 7:30 am and the 5K walk starting at 9:15 am.
A special “Miracle Lap” with a shorter route will also take place at 9:30 am.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- President Trump plans election eve rally in Kentucky
- United States trade deal with Mexico, Canada could be nearing passage
- Kaine, McConnell bill would raise minimum age to buy tobacco, including e-cigarettes, to 21
- Impeachment inquiry heats up, fallout on Capitol Hill
- Crews on scene of crash on I-70 WB at I-675