A party atmosphere is developing in the English town of Windsor, where Prince Harry will marry American actress Meghan Markle on May 19.
Ways to Watch
Where: NBC Coverage on WDTN, live from Windsor Castle
When: Saturday, May 19, 2018, from 4:30 a.m. EDT to 10:00 a.m. EDT
Stream: Stream live on WDTN.com
Below is the schedule of events for the Royal Wedding at Windsor Castle in local time; England (GMT) is 5 hours ahead of Dayton (EDT). Local time are in parentheses.
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (4:30 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. EDT)
- Guests will arrive by coach. Guests are required to meet at the Windsor Farm Shop – founded in 2001 after the Duke of Edinburgh had an idea to support local businesses by selling produce.
- 11:20 a.m. (6:20 a.m. EDT)
- Members of the Royal Family arrive
- 11:45 a.m. (6:45 a.m. EDT)
- Prince Harry and Prince William will arrive at St. George’s Chapel
- 11:55 a.m. (6:55 a.m. EDT)
- Queen Elizabeth arrives
- 11:59 a.m. (6:59 a.m. EDT)
- The bride Meghan Markle arrives by car
- 12 p.m. local time (7:00 a.m. EDT)
- The marriage ceremony begins
- 1:05 p.m. (8:00 a.m. EDT)
- Horse-drawn carriage procession through the streets of Windsor
- 3:30 p.m. (10:00 a.m. EDT)
- Hosted lunchtime reception at St. George Hall
- 7:00 p.m. (2:00 p.m. EDT)
- Prince of Wales hosts evening reception at Frogmore House
Forecasters are predicting highs of around 18 degrees Celsius (64 F) for the royal wedding. It is also supposed to be sunny for much of the day in Windsor.
It’s a good thing, too, as the couple has chosen to ride in an open-topped Ascot Landau carriage during the post-ceremony procession. If it rains, the couple will use the Scottish State Coach, which has a glass roof.
Four horses will draw the carriage from Windsor Castle through the town center and back for the wedding reception. The thousands of spectators expected to line the route are being advised to bring sunscreen.
Kensington Palace says the head of the Episcopal Church, the Most Rev. Michael Bruce Curry, will speak at the wedding of Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle.
Curry will give the address — a sermon — at the May 19 event in Windsor. He will join the dean of Windsor, the Rt. Rev. David Conner, and the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who will officiate at the service.
Welby has baptized Markle ahead of her marriage to Harry, the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II, who is the supreme governor of the Church of England.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding cake will be a lemon elderflower concoction made by pastry chef Claire Ptak.
The menu for the reception after the wedding will feature a bonanza of British produce.
Royal chef Mark Flanagan said Monday many of the dishes on Saturday will be made from seasonal produce, including some grown on estates belonging to the hostess, Queen Elizabeth II. Flanagan says the wedding timing is ideal because British vegetables are coming into season.
Some 600 guests are expected at the afternoon reception immediately following the ceremony at St. George’s Chapel.
The reception fare is meant to be consumed standing up and will feature canapes and dishes served in small bowls.
Sources: Associated Press, The Telegraph