I Love Dayton: Marion’s Piazza averages one million pizzas per year

I Love Dayton

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Marion’s Piazza has been a staple in the Dayton community for more than 50 years. The chain has grown over that time, but one thing that has not changed is that customers keep coming back.

On the walls of Marion’s Piazza hang pictures of celebrity fans and a story dating back to the 1960s.

“A lot of people wonder where we get our name, Marion’s Piazza. Some people tell us we misspelled pizza. It’s p-i-z-z-a, not p-i-a-z-z-a. But Marion was my dad, and that’s why his name is associated with the business. The piazza part is because all our stores are like an outdoor courtyard in Italy,” says Roger Glass, President of Marion’s Piazza.

Since the chain first opened, not much has changed, not even the menu or the décor.

“It’s not broken, and if it’s not broken then we don’t need to fix it,” says Glass.

Since opening back in 1965, they’ve grown to nine locations and now average one million pizzas sold across the Miami Valley every year.

Glass says it is their family-friendly, inside-dining, restaurant-style atmosphere that sets them apart from the competition.

“Most of the other pizza houses are delivery or carryout, and I’ll tell you there is a little difference coming right out of the oven than putting a pizza in a box.

Customers keep coming back for another slice, year after year.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tornado Recovery

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS