URBANA, Ohio (WDTN) – Urbana University, a branch campus of Franklin University, announced its closure on Tuesday, April 21.
The university will close its doors in May after the spring semester is finished. Any students enrolled at the university will no longer be at that time.
In a statement on its website the university said it has had low enrollment for years and the outbreak of COVID-19 has affected it ability to sustain itself.
At this time, the university is reaching out to identify local institutions that will make special accommodations for impacted students but that Franklin University will accept them into its online programs.
The university has posted a series of FAQs on its website to answer any other questions.
LATEST STORIES ON CORONAVIRUS
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- Ohio jobless claims fall again as federal checks end
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends
- Public Health to distribute free face masks Thursday