SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Shelby County Fair has been canceled over virus concerns.
The announcement was made on the fair’s Facebook page Wednesday night. Organizers said in the post committees are being formed to explore options so that Junior Fair aged exhibitors may show their projects in a modified manner. Details of those plans will be shared in the weeks to come, as they are laid out.
The post said decisions will be made based on considering the public safety in coordination with the Shelby County Health Department while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
The next Senior Fair Board Meeting will be held June 17. The board said it knows there will be many questions and said updates will be posted on the Facebook page.
The Montgomery County Fair Board announced the cancellation of that event Wednesday. Organizers say they will now begin planning a Junior Fair Livestock Exposition. Butler County also canceled its fair Wednesday.
- Thousands of airline workers face furloughs, lay offs after Congress misses deadline to provide aid
- Greene County lawmakers meet with local business owners to discuss easing COVID restrictions
- Discarded mail contained no Wisconsin ballots, officials say
- Amazon takes down ‘stand back and stand by’ merchandise
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19