SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Shelby County Fair has been canceled over virus concerns.
The announcement was made on the fair’s Facebook page Wednesday night. Organizers said in the post committees are being formed to explore options so that Junior Fair aged exhibitors may show their projects in a modified manner. Details of those plans will be shared in the weeks to come, as they are laid out.
The post said decisions will be made based on considering the public safety in coordination with the Shelby County Health Department while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
The next Senior Fair Board Meeting will be held June 17. The board said it knows there will be many questions and said updates will be posted on the Facebook page.
The Montgomery County Fair Board announced the cancellation of that event Wednesday. Organizers say they will now begin planning a Junior Fair Livestock Exposition. Butler County also canceled its fair Wednesday.
LATEST STORIES ON CORONAVIRUS
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty
- ‘God has another angel’: Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after COVID-19 battle
- Swim club sees slight increase in membership as more new families join
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins