COLUMBUS, Ohio (WDTN) – The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) said in a press release that it will be extending application deadline for the Winter Crisis Program and that its extending the winter reconnect order.
In the release PUCO says that families can apply for the Home Energy Assistance Winter Crisis Program until May 1. The Winter Crisis Program is a one-time benefit to customers of a regulated utility that have a disconnection notice, have been disconnected from their utility service or have less than 25 percent supply of bulk fuel to maintain their utility service.
PUCO is also extending the regular Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) application deadline until June 1. Families that have not received a Winter Crisis or regular-HEAP benefit can apply.
The winter reconnect order has been extended until May 1, which helps Ohioans reconnect or maintain electric and natural gas service during the heating season.
Ohioans can visit the Energy Assistance Program online to start their application and upload the required documents before the appointment. PUCO asks that Ohioans with questions about the services offered or an appointment to contact 1-800-282-0880 and select option two.
LATEST STORIES ON CORONAVIRUS
- Ohio hoping to recruit veterans to work the polls this November
- Springfield bar cited for violating state’s alcohol curfew
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Haunted house still moving forward after ODH announces Halloween guidelines
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021