JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Attorney General Lynn Fitch announced that she is preparing to file a lawsuit against China to hold the nation accountable for the malicious and dangerous acts that caused death, health injuries, and serious economic loss from the COVID-19 crisis.
“Too many Mississippians have suffered as a result of China’s cover-up,” said Fitch. “They must not be allowed to act with impunity. Mississippians deserve justice and I will seek that in court.”
Her case will seek damages under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA) and is similar to a case filed earlier this week by the State of Missouri.
- Dayton protestors react to officer’s indictment in Breonna Taylor case
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Driver strikes multiple parked vehicles on South Gettysburg Avenue
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 9 municipalities, townships in Montgomery County to receive CARES Act funding