INDIANAPOLIS (WXIN/WDTN) – The Indianapolis Colts now say the several individuals within the organization that had tested positive for the coronavirus are negative and the previous tests were false positives.
In a second statement released Friday morning, the team said the four samples were re-tested and confirmed to be negative.
Here’s the team’s statement:
Earlier this morning, we were informed that four individuals within our organization tested posted for COVID-19.
The four positive samples were re-tested and have been confirmed negative. After consultation with NFL and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Allen Sills, the team will open the practice facility this afternoon under the league’s intensive protocol and will continue preparation for Sunday’s game against Cincinnati.Indianapolis Colts
The team said earlier Friday it was working to confirm the positive tests from “several individuals”.
- Wright State University students providing COVID-19 contact tracing support to local health departments
- Northridge Local Schools to stay remote for remainder of semester
- Missouri breeder euthanizes 21 dogs instead of turning them over to inspectors, AG says
- Kansas recalls hundreds of license plates over concern of racial slur
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back