BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – Butler County General Health District officials said in a press release that a ninth Butler County resident who tested positive for COVID-19 has died.
The ninth patient was a male, 50, and the first resident who was under 60-years-old to die from COVID-19. The Health District is not disclosing additional information, citing privacy concerns.
“We extend our heartfelt sympathies to the family and friends.” said Health Commissioner Jennifer Bailer. “This serves as a very unfortunate reminder that older persons are not the only age group at risk of dying from this serious disease.”
- Vice President Pence rallies in Cincinnati as the fight for battleground Ohio intensifies
- Miami Valley hospitals have enough beds, PPE to handle rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Dayton LGBTQ leaders, faith experts react to Pope Francis’ remarks on same-sex civil unions
- EO Burgers closes permanently after moving locations in January