BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – Butler County Sheriff Richard K. Jones is asking the Common Pleas Court officials to issue an order to release locations of those who have tested positive for COVID-19.
Sheriff Jones said in a statement Wednesday, “I cannot stand idly by watching my men and woman on the front line respond to a residence not having the knowledge they need to keep themselves and their family safe. This is equivalent to knowing someone has a weapon and my
Deputies not given that information. It’s reckless and I won’t stand for it.”
The Sheriff said later Wednesday he may seek a lawsuit in this matter.
WDTN.com is working to learn more about this developing story and will keep you updated when more information is available.
LATEST STORIES ON CORONAVIRUS
- Former Buckeyes share reaction to Big Ten’s decision to postpone fall sports
- Gift card bonus buy program returns to downtown Dayton
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- Russia approves first coronavirus vaccine
- Govt. enters $1.5B deal to produce 100 million Moderna vaccine doses