DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – WDTN has joined NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations’ Clear the Shelters™ 2020 pet adoption campaign. To help individuals and communities continue to practice safe social distancing measures, this year’s initiative will run from August 1 through August 31, feature virtual pet adoptions and make it easy for people to donate online to participating shelters/rescues.
WDTN will feature local shelters weekly beginning July 27 on 2 NEWS and Living Dayton, as well as here on WDTN.com. Participating shelters in the Miami Valley include:
- The Humane Society of Greater Dayton
- Montgomery County Animal Resource Center
- Greene County Animal Control
- Clark County SPCA
- Clark County Dog Shelter
- Blue’s Mews Siamese Cat Shelter
- Lifeline Cat Rescue and Network, Inc.
You can follow the conversation on social media using #ClearTheShelters.
Since 2015, the Clear The Shelters campaign has helped more than 410,000 pets find new homes. Visit ClearTheShelters.com for more information.
- LIVE: President Trump arrives in Ohio, heads to Circleville rally
- Coronavirus in Ohio: State sets new record for daily COVID-19 cases Saturday
- Fountain damaged after someone dumps dish soap into it
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal