Born and raised in eastern Connecticut, Sarah Bean made her way to the Midwest to attend Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio.
While working on her degree in Broadcasting, Digital Media and Journalism, Sarah was a freelance feature writer, with pieces published in both the student magazine and the local paper. In her off-hours, she enjoyed getting involved in both the school’s concert chorale and dance club. She graduated with high honors in May of 2021.
A few months later, Sarah began her news career writing for WDTN.
When not at work, Sarah enjoys painting, putting together costumes for the renaissance faire, and playing nerdy board or video games with her friends and boyfriend.
- Birthday: April 27
- Hometown: Willimantic, Connecticut
- Top five interests: Making art, exploring new places, camping, listening to good music and hanging with friends
- Favorite Music: A little bit of everything! Pop, Celtic metal, film scores, you name it
- Favorite Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
- Favorite TV Shows: Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, and Marvel’s What If…?
- Favorite Books: The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak and The Stormlight Archives series by Brian Sanderson