Phil Wiedenheft was born and raised in the Miami Valley. He began his career at WDTN working on the Living Dayton team where he edited segments and operated the camera everyday on set. Recently, he moved over to a new position as a digital multimedia journalist for the station.
Growing up, Phil attended St. Anthony Elementary and Carroll High School. When he finished high school, Phil moved to New York City to attend the New York Film Academy’s film production program. Once completing the program, he moved back to Dayton to continue his education at Wright State University.
In 2018, Phil wrote, directed, and starred in a feature film called Straitjacket. He continues to pursue writing and directing films when he is not reporting the news.
Phil is also a newlywed who loves spending time with his wife and daughter, walking their dog, and reading at home.
- Birthday: March 18th
- Hometown: Dayton, Ohio
- Top Five Interests: Film making, Music, Podcasts, Working Out, and Politics
- Favorite Movie: There Will Be Blood
- Favorite Show: Mad Men
- Favorite Book: Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
- Hero: My mother, who taught me all she could and gave me room to discover the rest
- One Person I’d Like To Have Dinner With: Robin Williams