Lauren is the morning co-anchor on 2NEWS Today alongside John Seibel and meteorologist Jamie Jarosik.
She moved to Dayton from Youngstown in 2017, where she was a morning anchor at WDTN’s sister station.
Lauren has lived in Ohio her entire life, and has worked in several different parts of the state. She was born and raised in Gallipolis, just a quick drive down US-35. Her roots are right here in the Miami Valley, though. Lauren’s grandmother was a Shelby County native, and her grandfather worked at NCR. She still has many family members in the area.
Lauren’s work in television news has taken her around the state. She started her career while she was still in college at Ohio State, working as a producer at 2 NEWS sister station, WCMH. She then covered news in southeast Ohio at WSAZ, working as a reporter and anchor. Lauren moved to northeast Ohio in 2013, after marrying her high school sweetheart, Nathan. She spent four years as an anchor WKBN in Youngstown before they made the move to Dayton.
Lauren and Nathan welcomed their daughter, Lydia, in 2018. She and her canine brother, Norm, keep everyone entertained. (Norm is a 120 pound, rescue Newfoundland.)
When she’s not working, Lauren and her family enjoy teaching Lydia new things, food– both cooking and trying out locally-owned restaurants, road trips, DIY home projects, exploring the outdoors, and being involved in their church.
- Birthday: February 15th
- Hometown: Gallipolis, Ohio
- Top five interests: parenting, DIY home renovation, food, photography, and theology
- Favorite TV show: The Wonder Years
- Favorite music: Genre is mellow classic rock… artist is Jackson Browne
- Favorite book: Anything by CS Lewis
- Hero: My late father… he was the smartest guy I’ve ever known, and I miss his advice and wit more than I could’ve ever imagined.
- One person I’d love to have dinner with: Elisabeth Elliot