John was born and raised in Englewood, Ohio and is a proud Northmont alum.
A graduate of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University, John enjoyed an honorable military career and stints in Missouri and Alaska before joining ESPN as an Anchor and ESPN Radio Host.
John, later, helped launch the first all-sports radio station in Pittsburgh.
John and his wife, Heather, have three kids, Noah, Kylene and Elise… oh, and don’t forget Ruby their Golden Retriever.
- Birthday: August 30th
- Born and Raised: Englewood, Ohio
- Top Six Interests: Wife and 3 kids, my church, OSU football/Reds/UD Flyers hoops, sweat equity at the Planet, working on my crossover dribble and taking candy from my kids’ treat basket.
- Favorite Music: Anything Pink Floyd, classic rock, Casting Crowns and Mercy Me
- Favorite Movie: Fletch (Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.)
- Favorite Meal: Mom’s salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, green beans (with tons of lard and salt pork)… close 2nd would be Navy beans, cornbread, fried potatoes with half a bottle of ketchup on top
- Only acceptable use of coconut?: Zagnut candy bar
- Hero: My dad “Big Ray”, even though he wouldn’t let us have Atari.
- One Person To Have Dinner With: Elvis… he ate well.
Contact John here: