Jamie Jarosik is the Meteorologist for 2 NEWS Today. She returned to Storm Team 2 in October 2006. From 2001- 2004, she served here as a meteorologist under the name of Jamie Krumheuer.
Prior to her return, Jamie was a meteorologist with KSHB-TV in Kansas City, MO. While there, she gained extensive storm tracking experience, as the Central Plains can produce the most dangerous thunderstorms. She has an impressive broadcasting career including Chief Forecaster at KTVH-TV in Helena, Montana and Weathercaster with WIFR-TV in Rockford, IL and WCHS-TV in Charleston, WV. She holds the Seal of Approval with both the National Weather Association (NWA) and the American Meteorological Society (AMS).
A Kettering native, Jamie attended Ohio University and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Broadcast Journalism and studied meteorology from Mississippi State University, completing the Broadcast Meteorology Program in 2003.
In January 2003, Jamie was voted “Favorite Weather Personality” in a Dayton Daily News Reader’s Poll. She again won this distinction through a social media contest in February 2016. Jamie was honored with the Dayton Business Journal “40 Under 40” award in March 2016. She enjoys running, playing tennis and volunteering with Hospice of Dayton and the City of Kettering. She is on the City of Kettering’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Advisory Board. Jamie and her husband, Ken are proud parents of three children.
- Birthday: August
- Hometown: Kettering, Ohio
- Top Five Interests: Spending time with family, Running, Tennis, Cooking and trying to find time to do the 3 above… mainly because I’m always spending time with the kids
- Favorite Music: Beastie Boys, Vampire Weekend
- Favorite Movie: Wizard of Oz
- Favorite TV Show: Grey’s Anatomy and Chicago Fire
- Favorite Books: Celestine Prophecy, Harry Potter series
- Heroes: My parents
- One Person You Would Like To Have Dinner With: Oprah