Emily is excited to call Ohio her new home and begin “Living Dayton”! She was originally born in New Jersey, but moved up and down the East Coast while growing up. This is her eighth state move! Her passion for broadcasting began back in high school, anchoring their television program and continued to grow throughout college. Emily attended Rutgers University and graduated with a B.A. in Journalism & Media Studies. She co-anchored Rutgers’ lifestyle show, “Wake Up Rutgers”, started her own newscast on 88.7FM ‘Rutgers Radio’ and interned in New York City at 30 Rock for NBC Network News.
After graduation, Emily landed her first job as a multimedia journalist in Greenville, North Carolina. There she learned the ropes of the industry and reported on both local and national stories.
Eager to transition to the entertainment and lifestyle world, Emily then landed her next job producing and reporting for “The Rhode Show” at WPRI 12 in Rhode Island. Ironically “Living Dayton” was modeled off of this New England based show, which has made her transition to WDTN a little easier. Now it’s all about becoming a part of the Dayton community and sharing your stories on “Living Dayton”!
When she’s not busy making friends, Emily enjoys shopping, playing the ukulele, going on runs, hanging with her cat and exploring new restaurants! Please reach out and say hello!
- Birthday: April
- Top five interests: My family, my faith, the beach, ice cream & good music
- Favorite music: Everything and anything — I usually lean towards folk and old classics!
- Favorite movie: Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts
- Favorite show: Hart of Dixie or In the Dark
- Favorite Books: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and any romance written by James Patterson!
- Hero: My entire family, especially my Grandma
- One person I’d love to have dinner with: Hoda Kotb