Chief Meteorologist Brian Davis joined WDTN-TV July, 1982. As a member of Storm Team 2, he is the meteorologist for 2 NEWS on your side at 5, 5:30, 6 and 11 pm and Dayton’s CW at 10.
Prior to coming to WDTN, Brian worked at Weather Station, Inc., in Norman, Oklahoma. He is a member of the American Meteorological Society.
A native of Troy, Ohio, Brian attended Wright State University, where he met his wife, Karen, and received a Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science from Purdue University in 1981. In 1984, the American Meteorological Society awarded Brian its “Seal of Approval.”He has also received continuing education in Doppler Radar Meteorology in Vail, Colorado. The Storm Team 2 received 1st place as Outstanding Weather Operation from the Associated Press in 2001.
In spite of his duties at 2 NEWS, Brian still finds time to involve himself in the Dayton area community, including being a member of the Dayton Cycling Club and Honorary Chairperson of the “Young’s Multiple Charity Bike Tour” which raises funds for URS, Wellness Connection, Alzheimer’s Association and Juvenile Diabetes. All funds raised stay in the Miami Valley. Brian is an avid tennis player and co-captains the 3.5 United States Tennis Assoc. team at Wright Patt and plays for the 4.0 team as well. Brian is a Lector and also a choir member at St. Charles in Kettering.
- Birthday: February 1959
- Hometown: Troy, Ohio
- Top Five Interests: Tennis, cycling, music, weather and hanging out with my family.
- Favorite Music: Classical: Brahms and Beethoven, Rock: Led Zeppelin, Elton John, Country: Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Favorite Movie: Wizard of Oz, Patton, 6th Sense
- Favorite TV Show: Everybody Loves Raymond
- Favorite Books: The Shining
- Heroes: My mother
- One Person You Would Like To Have Dinner With: My wife