Mark Allan can currently be seen weekdays on 2 NEWS at 5:00, 6:00 and 11:00 pm, and on 2 NEWS at 10 pm on Dayton's CW.
Allan came to WDTN-TV in 1995 from KAKE-TV in Wichita, Kansas where he co-anchored the 6:00pm and 10:00pm newscasts. He also worked at KYEL-TV in Yuma, Arizona and KAET-TV in Phoenix. He graduated in 1978 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Broadcasting from Arizona State University.
Allan has received numerous honors and awards, including two Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards from the Radio & Television News Directors Association for feature reporting. He has also received three Ohio Valley Chapter Emmy Awards for his coverage of Hurricanes Katrina and Isabel, and Ohio Associated Press Broadcasters Awards for Best Broadcast Writing and his coverage of the Ohio National Guard in Kosovo.
Allan currently serves on the Board of Directors of United Rehabilitation Services here in the Miami Valley. His hobbies include skiing, cycling, golf, and a good cigar.
The Allans are a media family. Wife Lisa is a sales manager for the Dayton Daily News. Son Corey is a TV news reporter in Evansville, Indiana and daughter Caroline is enrolled in the Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University.
- Birthday: February 14 (my daughter too!)
- Hometown: South Bend, Indiana (Go Irish!)
- Top Five Interests: snow skiing, cycling, golf, movies, music.
- Favorite Music: Almost anything especially 60's and 70's.
- Favorite Movie: Shawshank Redemption and Field of Dreams.
- Favorite TV Show: Notre Dame football on NBC
- Favorite Book: Proverbs
- Heroes: Ernie Banks and John Glenn
- One Person You Would Like To Have Dinner With: My Dad