CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) - A Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for more than a decade has pleaded not guilty to 512 counts of kidnapping and 446 counts of rape.
Ariel Castro previously pleaded not guilty to charges contained in a 329-count indictment.
The 53-year-old Castro entered a plea Wednesday on an expanded, 977-count indictment. The judge continued his bond at $8 million.
She repeatedly told Castro to raise his head and keep his eyes open during the brief court appearance.
The earlier indictment reflected only part of the alleged crimes' time frame. It contains aggravated murder charges alleging that Castro purposely caused the unlawful termination of the pregnancy of one of the women.
The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old. Each said they had accepted a ride from Castro.
He has been jailed since his May 6 arrest.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A barn and several vehicles inside were destroyed after a late night fire in Champaign County.
A Camden barn has been declared a total loss after it caught fire around noon Saturday.
A woman was rushed to the hospital by Care Flight after losing control of her vehicle on Route 4 in Germantown just before 5:00 Saturday afternoon.
Several different police departments were called to the Intrigue Night Club early Saturday morning after reports of shots fired.
Making off with some last minute bargains, shoppers flooded the Dayton Mall Saturday before round two of the storm hits the Miami Valley.