WASHINGTON TWP (WDTN) - Unattended cooking is suspected as the cause of a condominium fire in Washington Township Sunday, according to Deputy Chief Jim Neidhard.
Neidhard said his crews were dispatched at 1:13 p.m. to 1948 Washington South Dr. at the Lake Washington condominium complex and encountered heavy smoke and fire conditions in a twelve unit structure.
They located and rescued two trapped residents, one from a rear balcony and another victim from an interior stairwell. Both were taken to an area hospital. Their names and condition have not been released.
One firefighter was treated for an injury and released.
Neidhard told 2 NEWS it appears the fire started when grease was left on a stove unattended.
The damage was estimate is $1.3 million.
Trotwood-Madison school officials prepare for snow with their football team headed to Massillon for the state championship game.
Waynesville rescue crews rescued nine people after a minivan slammed into a house.
Clayton police are investigating a possible OVI crash.
Firefighters evacuated the Northmont High School auditorium Wednesday night after smoke filled the auditorium.
A Winter Storm Watch will take effect late Thursday night through late Friday night for most of the area.