HARRISON TWP., Ohio (WDTN) - A grease fire was just damaging enough to leave a Harrison Township family without a place to stay.
Harrison Township firefighters arrived at 111 Greenhill Road around 6:00 pm to find the kitchen burning out of control.
The homeowner says a pot of grease was on the stove when she walked away for a moment. She thought she turned the stove off, but it didn't take long for the grease to ignite.
She and her son were able to get out of the house, but they cannot stay there. The Red Cross is helping them with temporary housing.
There is heavy damage to the kitchen and a lot of smoke damage throughout the house. Damage is estimated at about $45,000.
Firefighters want to remind residents to never leave food unattended on the stove.
Homicide detectives are at the scene of a shooting at Love's gas station on Edwin C. Moses Blvd.
One man is in custody after a police pursuit that began in Franklin and ended in the area of Germantown Pike and Stolz Avenue in Dayton.
Sidney Police are looking for a pair of men who robbed a Speedway gas station early Sunday morning.
A big thanks to all of you, the WDTN viewer, who contributed to our campaign to the help the United Rehabilitation Services.
Two people were taken to the hospital after a two-vehicle rollover crash at the intersection of Wagner Ford Road Sunday afternoon.