SPRINGBORO, Ohio (WDTN) - Some hamburgers in the microwave caused a small fire to break out at a Springboro home Sunday morning.
Smoke began filling the home on Pheasant Run Circle around 10:30 a.m.
Firefighters said a woman inside was cooking some hamburger in a microwave and fell asleep. They stated the food caught fire while she was sleeping and the home began to fill with smoke.
Officials said when the woman woke up she realized there was a fire in the kitchen and called 911.
When crews arrived, they rescued the woman from the home and quickly contained the fire.
The woman was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and is expected to recover.
Local experts are discussing the impact of the life of South Africa's first black president.
Local school district leaders are watching the wintry weather closely.
The Mercer County Sheriff's Office is warning residents of what it calls a phishing scam.
Global civil rights icon Nelson Mandela, whose legacy is ending South African apartheid, has died.
A busy intersection re-opened late Thursday evening after a crash.