CINCINNATI, Ohio (WDTN) - A Centerville grad died Monday from injuries sustained in a house fire near the University of Cincinnati.
Chad Kohls, 21, died at the University of Cincinnati Hospital.
His parents released the following statement to 2 NEWS:
"At approximately 4:30 pm today our beautiful son, Chad, passed from this life to the next. Chad had a huge heart. He was a wonderful person who loved people loved us and we loved him very much in return. We appreciate all the prayers and support and ask that the media please honor our request for privacy at this time to allow us to grieve with our loved ones. Thank you."
Kohls was a student at U.C. He graduated from Centerville High School in 2009.
Another local grad was also a victim of that fire. Ellen Garner, 20, graduated from Tippecanoe High School. She is still recovering.
Investigators believe a space heater sparked the fire on New Year's Day.
Forget the slippery roads and inches of snow on the ground, it's the perfect time to propose marriage. At least that is how Levi Minor felt Friday night.
Snowfall reports vary across the Miami Valley as the storm continues to produce heavy snow, making it hard for drivers to see in some cases.
The National Weather Service canceled the Winter Storm Warning and Winter Weather Advisory just after 9:30 pm.
Sinclair Community College is closing all campus locations for the day due to the inclement weather.