DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - A Winter Weather Advisory takes effect Saturday for the Miami Valley.
We could see a total of two to four inches by the time the weekend comes to a close.
Periods of snow Saturday should add up to about three inches. Another inch could fall on Sunday.
Storm Team 2 Chief Meteorologist, Brian Davis, says roads will be slick, so use extra caution.
2 NEWS is ready with special team coverage Saturday morning beginning at 8:00 am, so be sure to tune in before you head out this weekend.
And, remember breaking weather information is available anytime at WDTN.com .
AAA wants to remind you drive safely on snow covered roads. If offers these safe-driving tips:
- Clear all frost, ice and snow from windows, mirrors and lights before driving
- Make sure tires are properly inflated
- Don't use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly on icy or snow-packed roads, and increase following distance to eight to 10 seconds from the normal dry pavement distance of three to four seconds
- When driving on the highway, avoid driving in "packs" with groups of vehicles
- Stay alert and avoid distractions, like talking on a cell phone
AAA also says to keep these safety items with you in the car:
- Fully-charged cell phone, and a car charger
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Any needed medications
- Small shovel and sand, cat litter or traction mats
- Battery booster cables
- Emergency flares or reflectors
- Blankets, gloves, hats, food, bottled water and any needed medication
Homicide detectives are at the scene of a shooting at Love's gas station on Edwin C. Moses Blvd.
One man is in custody after a police pursuit that began in Franklin and ended in the area of Germantown Pike and Stolz Avenue in Dayton.
Sidney Police are looking for a pair of men who robbed a Speedway gas station early Sunday morning.
A big thanks to all of you, the WDTN viewer, who contributed to our campaign to the help the United Rehabilitation Services.
Two people were taken to the hospital after a two-vehicle rollover crash at the intersection of Wagner Ford Road Sunday afternoon.