PIQUA, Ohio (WDTN) - A 2-year old girl suffered burns at a daycare in Piqua Monday.
Piqua police say they received a call from the Piqua YMCA around noon.
They say the child was playing when she pulled on the cord of a crock pot that was used to warm baby bottles.
It toppled over on top of her, burning her upper body.
Her injuries are not life threatening, but she was taken to Dayton Children's Hospital via Careflight as a precaution.
The girl's name was not released, but she attends the daycare at the YMCA regularly.
Investigators consider the incident an accident.
When police and firefighters arrived, Moore said the victim, a grandfather living at the residence, was trying to go back inside the burning home.
Lawyers for a condemned Ohio inmate who raped and killed a pregnant woman say mercy is warranted because of the defendant's chaotic and abusive childhood and the failure of his original attorneys to work hard enough on his behalf.
A former high school teacher in southwest Ohio has been sentenced to two years in prison after being convicted on a sexual battery charge alleging that she had sex with a 16-year-old student.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A coroner concludes that dog bites caused internal injuries that led to the death of a 3-month-old central Ohio girl.
The Tri-State's newest gambling establishment will throw open it's doors Dec. 12 at noon so you can throw down your money.