FAIRBORN, Ohio (WDTN) - Wright State University issued a safety alert Friday after a student said she was attacked in a stairwell.
The female student told campus police that while she was walking in a stairwell of the Health Science Building, a man grabbed her by the arm and neck.
She says the man stated that he wanted to have sex with her.
The woman kicked her would-be assailant and he left.
The woman describes the man as being African American, about 25 years old, with a slim build. She says he has a tattoo on his left arm and was wearing a white and yellow t-shirt and jeans at the time of the attack.
Call Wright State University police if you know anything about the man at 775-2111.
In the meantime, police officer these safety tips to keep you safe on campus:
- Always advise someone where you are and we encourage you to walk in pairs especially at night.
- Always secure the windows and doors of your apartment when you are in your dorm room or apartment.
- Program your mobile phone with the Wright State University Police phone number: 937-775-2111.
- If you observe criminal activity or suspicious behavior, call the police immediately. Be prepared to describe your observations to include where, what, when and who was involved.
- If you fall victim to criminal activity, or require emergency medical assistance, notify the police immediately at 937-775-2111 or 911 from any campus phone.
A portion of Little York Road in Butler Township is closed to traffic until this evening.
A winter storm is moving toward the Miami Valley today and Friday. A Winter Storm Warning is already in effect for Thursday night through late Friday night for most of the area.
Nine people are recovering after a collision sends a van careening into an apartment.
An accident at Stanley Avenue and Webster Street is causing traffic problems in north Dayton.
Montgomery County detectives took a 27-year-old bank robbery suspect into custody after executing a search warrant at the man's home.