XENIA, Ohio (WDTN) - Xenia firefighters had some help battling a kitchen fire Monday afternoon.
Crews were called to the 100 block of Kinsey Road around 4:30 pm.
The fire was contained to an apartment on the first floor. Investigators believe food left on the stove sparked the fire. They say a fire suppression system installed in the kitchen put the flames out quickly.
No one was hurt. Fire damage is estimated at $10,000.
The renter will have to find a new place to stay. Other apartments were not affected.
ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) — A county judge's wife of 45 years has been charged with poisoning him with antifreeze.
Public health workers in Montgomery County will no longer be able to smoke on the job.
Lenser said his fleet of 20 trucks will be spreading salt on Montgomery county's roads, but not any pretreatment solution.
AAA said its important to check your windshield washer fluid, and possibly change it with anti-freeze windshield washer fluid. Also, check your oil and anti-freeze.
2 NEWS looks at whether federal workers in Ohio are paying back any unemployment benefits they got during the government shutdown like they're required to do.