DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - Police are looking for a man suspected of shooting two people inside a Dayton party venue early Tuesday morning.
It happened just after 1 a.m. Tuesday at Dee Jay’s Party Room in the 4900 block of Hoover Avenue, near Brohm Lane.
Police say a man and woman were shot inside the building.
The man was taken to Miami Valley Hospital by ambulance with critical injuries. Police say he was being taken into surgery.
The woman suffered reported non-life threatening injuries and was taken by private vehicle to a hospital.
Police say they’re not sure what led to the shooting.
Investigators say the suspect was inside the building, but they’re not sure how he know the people inside.
Homicide detectives were called to the scene.
Police say witnesses were cooperating with the investigation.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Ohio students visit Statehouse for human trafficking summit
- Mattis praises Saudis, $1B arms sale to be approved
- Toys R Us founder dies days after chain's announced shutdown
- Ohio House passes bill to withhold money to cities with speed cameras
The bill passed the house and will have to go through the senate before reaching the desk of the governor.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Premier Health announced today: Good Sam hospital will be closing in a matter of months: no later than August 29th. The plan is to demolish everything - except for two buildings - and make it "shovel ready" for whatever comes next.Read More »
Local pastors and others in the West Dayton community sang hymns and held signs outside of a community forum on the Good Sam closure - once again calling on Premier Health to think again.Read More »