DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - Police have launched a homicide investigation after a man was found dead at Triangle Park Friday.
The Dayton Police Department made the announcement Saturday that the death was a homicide after ruling it suspicious the day before.
The Montgomery County Coroner's Office has identified the victim as 37-year-old Demieko Hairston of Columbus.
Hairston's body was reported to police around 12:30 Friday afternoon.
2 NEWS will update you on this developing story as details emerge.Keep checking WDTN.com for the latest news, weather and sports. To get alerts for breaking news, grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. You can also sign up for email alerts here.Don't miss another post on Facebook or Twitter for all the latest breaking newsFollow @WDTN
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Trump lauds firing of ex-top FBI official as ‘great day'
- Amber Alert canceled after 4-year-old Sandusky boy found safe, mother arrested
- Fallen bridge: 'Stress test' preceded collapse that killed 6
- US military helicopter crashes in western Iraq
Witnesses on scene describe the crowd as "rowdy". People are standing on the roofs of porches, throwing objects, and broken bottles are lining the streets.Read More »
The OVI task force will have extra patrols out for the rest of the St. Patrick's Day weekend.Read More »