DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - The center of the college basketball universe is at UD Arena where over the next two nights the NCAA Tournament gets underway with the First Four.
The first game between 16 seeds Bradford and LIU Brooklyn begins at 6:40 pm and the nightcap featuring Saint Bonaventure against UCLA will begin after 9:00 pm.
Being a member of the Atlantic 10, the Bonnies are very familiar with playing at UD Arena, the latest on January 3, in a game Saint Bonaventure lost to the Dayton Flyers.
Of course, Tuesday won't be that kind of hostile environment and head coach Mark Schmidt even joked at least his team wouldn't be getting booed this time around.
Another connection to UD Arena is LIU Brooklyn first-year head coach Derek Kellogg. He is also familiar with the arena having spent the previous nine seasons as the head coach at U-Mass.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Ohio students visit Statehouse for human trafficking summit
- Mattis praises Saudis, $1B arms sale to be approved
- Toys R Us founder dies days after chain's announced shutdown
- Ohio House passes bill to withhold money to cities with speed cameras
The bill passed the house and will have to go through the senate before reaching the desk of the governor.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Premier Health announced today: Good Sam hospital will be closing in a matter of months: no later than August 29th. The plan is to demolish everything - except for two buildings - and make it "shovel ready" for whatever comes next.Read More »
Local pastors and others in the West Dayton community sang hymns and held signs outside of a community forum on the Good Sam closure - once again calling on Premier Health to think again.Read More »