CINCINNATI, Ohio (WDTN) -- Fire crews have contained a fire at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
The fire happened early on Wednesday morning. WLWT, the NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, reports the call came in just after 4 a.m.
Duke Energy officials say the fire appears to have started in a transformer. It was considered a four-alarm fire.
The hospital tweeted out that the fire was out by 6:30 a.m. but that the hospital's power was out.
WLWT reports a backup generator is being used for essential equipment.
Smoke is reportedly affecting the building's eighth floor. WLWT reports there are no patients on that floor and no injuries have been reported.
The hospital says all morning elective procedures have been cancelled and clinics are closed until noon due to the fire.
The cause is under investigation.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Ohio students visit Statehouse for human trafficking summit
- Mattis praises Saudis, $1B arms sale to be approved
- Toys R Us founder dies days after chain's announced shutdown
- Ohio House passes bill to withhold money to cities with speed cameras
The bill passed the house and will have to go through the senate before reaching the desk of the governor.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Premier Health announced today: Good Sam hospital will be closing in a matter of months: no later than August 29th. The plan is to demolish everything - except for two buildings - and make it "shovel ready" for whatever comes next.Read More »
Local pastors and others in the West Dayton community sang hymns and held signs outside of a community forum on the Good Sam closure - once again calling on Premier Health to think again.Read More »