KETTERING, Ohio (WDTN) - According to the Kettering Police Department, a firefighter noticed a suspicious package in Kettering Tuesday after trying to help a person who was having trouble breathing in a car.
Kettering Police Officer John Jung said an officer performed a traffic stop just after 10 a.m. and said the driver complained how it was hard to breathe.
Medics were called to the scene and a firefighter saw a suspicious small package near Shroyer Road and Lesher Road.
The Dayton Bomb Squad and the Kettering Police Department were called to a scene and the bomb squad decided to take the package somewhere safe to destroy it.
Police officers told residents in the area about the suspicious package and said to evacuate the area.
Kettering Police Officer John Jung says Shroyer Road will be closed for at least one more hour.
2 cars, 3 bodies removed from...
Trump lauds firing of ex-top FBI...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Trump lauds firing of ex-top FBI official as ‘great day'
- Amber Alert canceled after 4-year-old Sandusky boy found safe, mother arrested
- Fallen bridge: 'Stress test' preceded collapse that killed 6
- US military helicopter crashes in western Iraq
Witnesses on scene describe the crowd as "rowdy". People are standing on the roofs of porches, throwing objects, and broken bottles are lining the streets.Read More »
The OVI task force will have extra patrols out for the rest of the St. Patrick's Day weekend.Read More »