KPRC - HOUSTON, Texas (KPRC) - A Houston, Texas mother is seeking justice for her child after a man may have tried to kidnap the baby.
Surveillance video from the incident at the very least shows some unusual behavior.
The man walked up to Florence Monauer's shopping cart inside the H Mart grocery store Saturday.
With Monauer's back turned, and without speaking to her or getting permission, the man tried to pick up her 14-month-old daughter. Monauer realized what was happening once she heard the rustling of fabric to which the child was attached.
"I think that if it weren't for the cover, he probably would've made off with her quickly," says Monauer. "I couldn't hear a thing."
Monauer eventually got her baby back but she said the man never spoke to her. Instead, he directed his conversation to the baby. Then, with no shopping cart and no merchandise, he walked away and out of the store.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Stopping Robo-Calls on Smartphones and Landlines
- Sheriff: 1 student dead, 2 wounded in Maryland high school
- Package bomb explodes at FedEx in Texas; 1 hurt
- Crash marks 1st death involving self-driving vehicle
Individual reservations are $100.Read More »
Residents say given today's climate, having resource officers on campus is a good idea.Read More »