DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - A community forum is set for Wednesday to discuss the next round of BRAC.
The Base Realignment and Closure Commission will discuss the next round of base closings set for 2015 as decided in a 2005 BRAC meeting.
The Department of Defense requested two rounds of BRAC in 2013 and 2017.
The Dayton Development Coalition will update the Federal Retention Program at the meeting and its work to keep and expand jobs in the region.
Scheduled speakers include:
• Jeff Hoagland, President and CEO of the Dayton Development Coalition (DDC)
• General Lester Lyles (USAF, ret.)
• Dr. David Hopkins, President of Wright State University
• Lt. General Thomas Owen (USAF, ret.)
• Michael Gessel, Vice President of Federal Government Programs for the DDC
• Maurice McDonald, Executive Vice President of Aerospace and Defense for the DDC
The forum begins at 10:00 am Wednesday at Nutter Center.
Local experts are discussing the impact of the life of South Africa's first black president.
Local school district leaders are watching the wintry weather closely.
The Mercer County Sheriff's Office is warning residents of what it calls a phishing scam.
Global civil rights icon Nelson Mandela, whose legacy is ending South African apartheid, has died.
A busy intersection re-opened late Thursday evening after a crash.